Community Hikes with the Ridge Hiking Association
Explore the Paradise Ridge and beyond with free guided hikes from the Ridge Hiking Association each month on the second Saturday. The Community Hikes are a service-oriented partnership between Paradise StrongER and Paradise Recreation and Park District.
- April 9, 8am-Noon: Table Mountain Hike (Oroville)
- Parking can get a little crowded, so the hike starts early. This hike will be recorded in order to post it to thehikingproject.com so that future visitors can get all the information about this hike that they need. Make sure to purchase your CDFW Lands Pass ahead of time.
- May 7, 8am-Noon: Lil Falls Trail (Magalia)
- This hike is almost completely covered by trees and shade. With relatively easy access and super pretty views amongst the wooded trail, it's a favorite on The Ridge.
- June 11, 8:35am-12:35pm: Upper Bidwell Park (Chico)
- The group will meet at the North Rim Trailhead and will then break up for several trail groups—one that will head up to Monkey Face, the other that will be decided day-of.
- July 9, 8:30am-3:30pm: The Forebay and Rattlesnake Hill (Oroville)
- Since it's so hot in July, this hike is planned to culminate with an experience on the water, in kayaks and paddle boats, cooled off from the heat of the hike up to Rattlesnake Ridge. The hike is fairly short, so there will be plenty of time to splash around with Hiking Association friends. Bring Sunscreen!